Do you need support or advice during this exciting and stressful time? Just call or email us any time.
Once you've made an offer on a home and all contingencies have been met by both parties, closing on the property becomes final. Closing costs are generally 4% of your loan amount, but this can vary. To help you get a sense of what's left to be done, here are 10 steps involved in closing the deal:
- Draw up a purchase offer with detailed contingencies in place
- Submit your deposit, also known as "earnest money"
- Seller accepts the deal or counteroffers with contingencies and price changes of their own
- Apply for your loan if you aren't already pre-approved
- Get the house appraised
- Have the home inspected by a licensed home inspector
- Perform a title search, buy title insurance, and homeowners insurance, as required by your lender
- Review all documents to ensure accuracy
- Pay for the down payment and closing costs
- Documents are signed, and you own the house!
Each of these steps involves a number of details, and we would be happy to guide you in this process. We can make the closing on your new home as quick and easy as possible. For help right away, please call or email us.
Want to check out school and community stats in your neighhorhood or city of interest? Use our community and school report tool below to compare communities and schools in different areas.