- Reported more than 52,000 closed sales, valued at more than $17.6 billion.
- Reported an area-wide median price of $262,000 for single-family homes and condos that sold last year, down about 4.7 percent from 2008.
- Added 116,699 new listings of SFH and condos to inventory,.
- Represented more than 39,000 home sellers, on average, each month.
- Reported 987 sales of single family homes and 83 sales of condominiums priced at $1 million or more. 433 condos sold for $500,000 or more (p.29).
- The MLS area covering Bellevue/West of 405 (map area 520) had the highest number of million dollar-plus sales with 147, followed by Central Seattle (area 390) with 124.
For high-end condos ($500,000-plus), Belltown/Downtown Seattle claimed the highest number of sales (117) involving MLS member-brokers. (Many pre-sales by builders are not reflected here.)
- Among the 21 counties in the MLS service area, San Juan claimed the highest median price ($422,500) for single family homes that sold last year; King County followed at $375,000.
- Among school districts, homes in the Mercer Island district had the highest median selling price, at $834,500, followed by Bellevue ($570,000);.
- About half (49.5 percent) of single family homes that sold system-wide last year had 3 bedrooms.
- Sold more than 6,600 condominiums during 2010; approximately 62 percent of all condos that sold system-wide were in King County; nearly 75 percent had two or fewer bedrooms.
- Found wide variation in prices of 3-bedroom homes. For pre-owned homes (built 2008 or earlier), the median price ranged from $143,400 in Grays Harbor County to $402,000 in San Juan County. Newly built 3-bedroom homes ranged from $58,000 in Pacific County to $350,000 in King County.
NWMLS at a Glance
|# of Member Brokerages (Dec. 2010)||
|# Sales Associates||approx. 22,000|
|# Counties included in Summary Report||
The Cascade Team Real Estate