New Roof Is Greatest Remodeling Value
Aside from the need to upgrade worn out features, two of the biggest reasons owners put money into remodeling are to increase the home’s value and to improve their enjoyment of the home. But according to a new report from the National Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI), there’s not a lot of overlap between those two goals.
Interior projects the study examined:
New master suite
Complete kitchen renovation
Add new bathroom
Basement conversion to living area
Attic conversion to living area
New wood flooring
Hardwood flooring refinish
The first-ever “Remodeling Impact Report” looks at the resale value and customer satisfaction of 12 interior and eight exterior projects. The projects range from upgrades (a new HVAC system) to full-scale remodels (a new master suite). Members of NARI reviewed specs and provided cost estimates for each project.
Projects with Greatest Cost Recovery
Real Estate Brokers reported that three interior projects and two exterior projects—all estimated to cost under $10,000—provide the greatest cost recovery at resale:
The overall winner? When you look at intersection of buyer appeal, cost, return, and owner joy, a new roof appears to be the smartest remodeling investment. A home, after all, is first and foremost a shelter.
Your Home is your greatest investment! Know these questions and answers before you interview! The difference can cost you thousands!
1. Do you provide a true website presence for my home? This is more than a splash site with a few pictures. Click HERE for Answer!
2. Do you syndicate my home, and PAY for premiere placement? Click HERE for Answer!
3. Do you advertise my home on Social Media: This is MORE than just Facebook! Click HERE for Answer!
4. Do you provide a full 3D Walkthrough Virtual Tour or just have shifting focus over still pictures and call that a virtual tour? Click HERE for Answer!
5. What is your strategy to generate multiple offers for my home? Click HERE for Answer!
6. Are you still using paper flyers which are bad for the environment and less efficient? Click HERE for Answer!
7. Will you provide weekly status reports on my home’s advertising traffic and showings? Click HERE for Answer!
8. Do you provide a Free Home Warranty for my home & Buyers? Click HERE for Answer!
9. Do you offer a Free staging consultation? Click HERE for Answer!