Daily Real Estate News | Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Forget the myth that winter is a bad time to sell real estate. While sales usually inch lower in the cooler months, some real estate pros are saying this winter in particular may be a great time to sell a home.
2. Home prices are starting to rebound in the greater . The NWMLS reported that home prices in December were 8.5 percent higher than a year earlier.
3. Homes still remain a good deal: Prices are rising but remain mostly below 2007 highs, and in many areas, the cost of buying is cheaper than renting.
4. Distressed homes that typically sell at big discounts -- up to 20 percent off -- are beginning to decline. Short sales and foreclosures accounted for 22 percent of all existing home sales in November.
5. Household demographic changes: Many buyers used to want to wait until the end of a school year before moving, but households are changing and moving schedules are less tied to school terms. That’s because households with children are making up a smaller part of the mix nowadays. According to William Frey with the Brookings Institution, 80 percent of all households in the U.S. do not include children. has declined.
6. Household formation is growing. “Many people who ran into tough economic times several years ago are again looking at real estate ownership,” says Wendy Forsythe, executive vice president with Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate. “Enough time has passed so that many of these individuals have re-built credit, built up their savings and now qualify for FHA, VA and conventional financing.”
Source: “Does Real Estate Really Sell in the Winter?” Reuters (Jan. 22, 2013)
Home prices are beginning to rebound with some areas increasing from 3% to 16% over the past 12 months. If you have not done an accurate check of your homes value in the past year, our FREE On-Line Home Value Analysis tool allows you to see exactly what your home value is doing.It’s not a guess or Zestimate like Zillow. These are actual Sold, Pending and Active prices. You can also see what home inventory levels area doing, closed sale price vs asking price and more! Click Here to get the report emailed to you.
It’s not a guess or Zestimate like Zillow. These are actual Sold, Pending and Active prices. You can also see what home inventory levels area doing, Closed Sale price vs/ Asking Price and more!
It's absolutely FREE and there is no obligation. Fill out the form HERE to receive a real time MLS report on active and sold home in your area.