Home buyers have plenty of information available at their fingertips. They’re educated and savvy when it comes to real estate. So why are they turning to you? Amy Chorew, the vice president of platform development at Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate, identifies six traits that home buyers most desire from their real estate agents in today’s market.
- Brutal honesty: They not only want information quickly, but they also want it to come come with an immediate solution.
- Clear direction: When talking about contract terms, for example, they want you to provide clear direction and not leave them guessing. They want your professional advice and not to be left trying to figure things out by themselves.
- Choice: They desire options with an understanding of how each one could affect them.
- Exceptional service: They want you to bring extra value to the table, besides just information that they can easily find out for themselves online. Show you’re a community expert and that you can help them objectively prioritize their needs vs. wants, and help interpret the facts when their emotions are running high, Chorew writes.
- Professional input: They seek clear, concise direction and unbiased advice that allows them to make more informed decisions.
- Sympathetic ear: “Are you sympathetic to your client’s needs, but determined and forceful when they need a little 'tough love'?" writes Chorew.
Source: “What Today’s Homebuyer Wants (and How You Can Give it to Them),” Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate (January 2013)
Home prices are beginning to rebound with some areas increasing from 3% to 16% over the past 12 months. If you have not done an accurate check of your homes value in the past year, our FREE On-Line Home Value Analysis tool allows you to see exactly what your home value is doing.It’s not a guess or Zestimate like Zillow. These are actual Sold, Pending and Active prices. You can also see what home inventory levels area doing, closed sale price vs asking price and more! Click Here to get the report emailed to you.
It’s not a guess or Zestimate like Zillow. These are actual Sold, Pending and Active prices. You can also see what home inventory levels area doing, Closed Sale price vs/ Asking Price and more!
It's absolutely FREE and there is no obligation. Fill out the form HERE to receive a real time MLS report on active and sold home in your area.
Full Service Real Estate with 1% Listing Fees!!