Every seller wants to sell their home quickly and for top dollar. With some careful planning and preparation, you can have buyers scurrying for their checkbook. Here is how to prep your home to sell:
1. Disassociate Yourself With The Home:
- Say to yourself "This is not my home, it is a house" - a product to be sold like a box of cereal on the grocery store shelf.
- Make the mental decision to "let go" of your emotions and focus on the fact that soon this house will no longer be yours.
- Picture yourself handing over the keys and the necessary paperwork to the new buyers!
- Say goodbye to every room.
- Don't look backwards -- look toward the future.
2. De-personalize: Pack up those personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyers…