There really is a first time for everything, and there is nothing more exciting than buying your first home! And like all first times there is the risk of making a few mistakes. However, Amy and I are here to help you avoid those mistakes! Below are some of the common mistakes some of us have made when buying our first home.
Common First-Time Home Buyer Mistakes
1. They don’t ask enough questions of their lender and end up missing out on the best deal.
2. They don’t act quickly enough to make a decision and someone else buys the house.
3. They don’t find the right agent who’s willing to help them through the homebuying process.
4. They don’t do enough to make their offer look appealing to a seller.
5. They don’t think about resale before they buy. The average first-time buyer only stays in a home for four years.
Source: Real Estate Checklists and Systems, www.realestatechecklists.com.