- They expect about 987 elementary-aged students (full-time equivalents) in the current Grand Ridge attendance area next school year. Even with the 10 additional portable classrooms on site now, this exceeds possible housing at Grand Ridge.
- To balance enrollment, all full-day and half-day kindergartners will be housed at Challenger and Endeavour Elementary beginning next fall. We will group neighborhood areas together evenly among both schools after kindergarten enrollment numbers are confirmed in March.
- The change in the boundary will move 175 students in newly developed or soon-to-be developed areas in the Issaquah Highlands (see map) to Clark Elementary, which has capacity to house the students and will soon have a brand new building.
- Middle-school boundaries will NOT change. When the newly rebuilt Issaquah Middle School opens in fall 2015, we will reevaluate.
- The projected Grand Ridge enrollment with the new boundary next fall is 730 students (full-time equivalents), which is within the core capacity of the building.
- Overall, the areas of the Highlands that move to Clark are those that will see the most growth in years to come, meaning we expect the new boundaries to remain viable for both Grand Ridge and Clark Elementary well into the future.
- Additional benefits of the reboundary include opening more full-day kindergarten slots, making Grand Ridge an all-walking school, and providing bus service to families in outlying areas of the Highlands.
Want to comapre Grand Ridge Elementary with Challenger and Endever Elementary? Just click HERE and get a Free on-line school comparison.
The Cascade Team Real Estate has made it easier than ever to learn more about your Seattle or San Diego neighborhood…including the schools that are located in your area of interest.
Explore community and school information within Western Washington or San Diego County. The Cascade Team community and school reports are your local source for local demographic and school district information. Compare local demographics, neighbohood amenities and local schools.
Our Cascade Team Real Estate Community & School Report Tool:
- Compare two zip codes side by side
- See income, household, cost of living and climate information
- See local shopping, restaurants, services, recreation and leisure, along with local grocery stores.
- Compare local public and private schools
- See information about local schools and compare them side by side.
- Select individual schools to review and see their scores, teacher ratios and school profile
To view all this valuable information, just click on either the Community Zip Search or School Zip Search images below.
School Report - Information Sample
Full Service Real Estate with 1% Listing Fees!!