HOME VALUES IN SEATTLE AND CHARLOTTE
- Seattle, WA tends to be more expensive for home buyers than Charlotte, NC. During the last year, Seattle home values have risen by 12.8%, while Charlotte home values have risen by 5.8%.
- Seattle is 193% more densely populated than Charlotte.
- People are 6% less likely to be married in Seattle.
- The Median Age is 2.7 years older in Seattle.
Cost of Living Comparison Highlights
- Charlotte is 48.3% less expensive than Seattle.
- Charlotte, housing costs are 100.9% less than Seattle housing costs.
- Health related expenses are 21.7% less in Charlotte.
- The crime indices range from 1-100. A higher number corresponds with more crime. Our crime rates are based on FBI data.
- Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. All violent crimes involve force or threat of force.
- Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of force against the victims.
Education Comparison Highlights
- Charlotte spends 26.1% less per student than Seattle.
- The Student Teacher Ratio is 19.1% lower in Charlotte than in Seattle (lower means fewer students in each classroom).
- Charlotte had 51.3% more residents who had graduated High School compared to Seattle.
In summary...GO HAWKS!