More Technology, Service & Marketing
Follow & Review Us On:
About 85 percent of online listings include photos, but the type of photo really can make a big difference, says Ken H. Johnson, an associate professor of finance at Florida International University’s Hollo School of Real Estate, who has studied the importance of photos in selling real estate.
“When people first look at a home, they look at five or six scenes, and that will make the determination if they want to look at more,” adds Brian Balduf, chairman of VHT Inc., a visual marketing services company for the real estate industry.
Here are five tips for improving your photos, according to a recent article in The Wall Street Journal:
- Shoot from the corner of a room with a wide-angle zoom lens if you want to make the room look its largest.
- Remove large pieces of furniture to make rooms feel more spacious.
- Consider a fresh coat of paint to neutralize walls in beiges and browns and cover up any potentially off-putting colors such as oranges and purples.
- Tidy up the outside by planting some flowers and paying careful attention to the condition and look of the front door.
- Eye details for a focal point in your photograph, such as intricate design work in the home or the quality of the fireplace.
Source: “How to Make a Home Picture-Perfect,” The Wall Street Journal (Jan. 14, 2013)
Home prices are beginning to rebound with some areas increasing from 3% to 16% over the past 12 months. If you have not done an accurate check of your homes value in the past year, our FREE On-Line Home Value Analysis tool allows you to see exactly what your home value is doing.It’s not a guess or Zestimate like Zillow. These are actual Sold, Pending and Active prices. You can also see what home inventory levels area doing, closed sale price vs asking price and more! Click Here to get the report emailed to you.
It’s not a guess or Zestimate like Zillow. These are actual Sold, Pending and Active prices. You can also see what home inventory levels area doing, Closed Sale price vs/ Asking Price and more!
It's absolutely FREE and there is no obligation. Fill out the form HERE to receive a real time MLS report on active and sold home in your area.
Leave A Comment